Nothing beats a muffin that just melts in your mouth. Try this easy recipe for that oh so chocolatey muffin feel:
- 225g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 100g plain chocolate chips
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 300ml sour cream
- 85g brown sugar
- 85g butter, melted
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin paper cases. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl, add the plain and white chocolate chips, and stir.
- Place the eggs, sour cream, sugar and melted butter in a separate mixing bowl and mix well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir gently until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake in a preheated oven, 200°/ 400°F, for 20 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and serve warm, or place on a wire rack to cool.
Hints and Tips
If you want your choc chips to be visible when they come out of the oven be sure to add choc chips on top of the mixture before you put it in to bake.
We found this recipe in the cook book, ‘Cupcakes, Muffins & More. A collection of easy & elegant recipes’.